POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : why the difference??? : Re: why the difference??? Server Time
19 Aug 2024 20:16:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: why the difference???
From: Christoph Hormann
Date: 21 Oct 2000 02:57:54
Message: <39F13E71.63853111@schunter.etc.tu-bs.de>
Oded wrote:

> between the following two pov-codes' results.
> I have no idea, hope someone can tell me why two identical objects look
> different
> one is a simple CSG, the other an isosurface
> attached are the results...

As Mike said, the isosurface function you used is not that good because of the
high gradient (abrupt changes in value) occuring.  In general the if(,,)
construct is not very suited for isosurface functions in most cases.

You should use the classical isosurface cube instead:

isosurface{
  function { abs(x) & abs(y) & abs(z) }
  threshold 0.5
  contained_by{ box { <-2,-2,-2> <2,2,2> } }
}

Christoph

--
Christoph Hormann <chr### [at] gmxde>